This job is no longer accepting applications.
Workstead is seeking a full-time, in-house Designer with proven experience in all phases of design to work in our Brooklyn Studio. This position will be instrumental in executing projects.Working under the direction of a Senior Designer & Project Manager, the Designer plays a key role in providing the highest possible quality of design, service, and client satisfaction.
Candidates should have strong design experience on real hospitality, commercial, and or residential projects where s/he was involved in all phases of the interior architecture process and can demonstrate creative involvement.
Additionally, the Designer may be called upon to oversee the work of Jr Designers and Interns. In all work, whether internal or external, the designer will relentlessly pursue & champion Workstead’s design integrity & intention. The ideal candidate will bring both creativity and organization to the position and demonstrated experience executing at a high level of design.
- Participate in the creative design process from concept through space planning, design development, documentation, construction, construction administration, and closeout
- Prepare construction documentation; including drawings, schedules, specifications, and custom details
- Develop FF&E packages – participating in the selection and documentation of furniture, fixtures, equipment, and material specifications
- Work with project consultants, product representatives, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives
- Directly participate with Project Managers, Designers/Architects, and Principals to ensure projects are on schedule, on budget, reflects all client and project objectives
- Contribute to office culture, initiatives and mentorship of staff
- Professional degree in architecture or interior design
- 3-5 years of related experience, including project management and strategic planning experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building materials, construction methods and systems, project costs, and code requirements
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (PS + ID), SketchUp and Windows proficient.
- Current or imminent residency in NYC
This description outlines many of the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other daily tasks within the studio are often required. Additionally, emphasis on duties and responsibilities may shift over time dependent on the needs of the firm.
We are proud to offer competitive benefits and resources to help employees achieve physical, financial. and emotional well-being. We value our team, and this is one way we support our employees.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and AAD&D Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Auto, home, and pet insurance
- Merchant discount program
Please submit your resume, portfolio / work samples, & cover letter to email@example.com
- Please title your email (your name) | Designer | Application
- Please include your cover letter in the body of your email
- Please include your resume & portfolio as an attached PDF
- Links to dropbox / google drive are acceptable, but please keep file sizes to a minimum to accommodate easy sharing
Your application has been successfully submitted.