This job is no longer accepting applications.
Workstead is seeking a seasoned Project Manager with a strong design background to join the team in our Brooklyn office. The Project Manager will be responsible for leading our large complex projects with the clear goal of providing the highest possible quality of service and client satisfaction along with quality design. The PM is to maintain and monitor project profitability and schedule adherence, and coordinate and manage project communications, contracts, budgets and schedules. The PM also serves as prime point of communication between client and Workstead.
- Identifying client's project goals, objectives and quality expectations, and communicate this information to the project team
- Maintain communications and positive relationships with the client, consultants and team members
- Use firm project management tools for project initiation, planning, billings, collections, labor tracking
- Create internal project work plans, assign tasks to team, stay on top of progress and adjust as required to fit changing deadlines
- Review internal project accounting documents and process draft project billing and review with studio leadership project profitability, collections and backlog projections
- Work with studio leadership to assign and balance resources
- Monitor the progress of the team, evaluate team performance, and provide timely, effective feedback to the team
- Review all project deliverable prior to submission to client
- Participate during all phases of project delivery
- Prepare and review proposals, contracts, and consultant agreements
- Assist in design exercises by sketching, CAD Drafting, 3D model, and digital presentation packaging.
- Prepare program and schematic proposal, project layouts and develop design in 2D and 3D using AutoCAD for client review/approval.
- Assist with preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing for contractors.
- Assist in the constructions administration reviewing shop drawings and creating a master log of the project submittals.
- Professional degree in architecture or interior design
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in an architectural or interior design firm, including at least 4 years experience in a project management role.
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Possess excellent management, leadership, organizational and presentation skills
- Location in New York City, and ability to travel outside of the New York area on a regular basis
- Demonstrated knowledge of building materials, construction methods and systems, project costs, and code requirements
This description outlines many of the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other daily tasks within the studio are often required. Additionally, emphasis on duties and responsibilities may shift over time dependent on the needs of the firm.
We are proud to offer competitive benefits and resources to help employees achieve physical, financial. and emotional well-being. We value our team, and this is one way we support our employees.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and AAD&D Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Auto, home, and pet insurance
- Merchant discount program
Please submit your resume, portfolio / work samples, & cover letter to email@example.com
- Please title your email (your name) | Project Manager | Application
- Please include your cover letter in the body of your email
- Please include your resume & portfolio as an attached PDF
- Links to dropbox / google drive are acceptable, but please keep file sizes to a minimum to accommodate easy sharing
Your application has been successfully submitted.