Marketing Coordinator - Mandarin Speaking
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM Means
- Ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm.
- Knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything, but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills and deepen our knowledge.
- Product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work.
- Individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm.
- Team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential.
- Firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions and processes to our work.
Position Responsibilities (under the direction of Regional Marketing Manager and global architectural studio leadership)
- Preparing electronic and printed material for qualifications, proposals, and competitions.
- Incorporating sub-consultant materials into SOM submissions.
- Preparing electronic and printed brochures, and other textual and visual promotional material.
- Creating Google Slide decks for interviews and other internal and external presentations.
- Working hourly, Monday-Friday, 9-5:30 or some other duration depending on deadline needs.
- Reading and summarizing Request for Qualification (RFQ) and Request for Proposal (RFP) documents in English and in English-Chinese Bilingual.
- Outlining a responsibility (task) matrix for the SOM proposal team and helping the team to adhere to deadline milestones.
- Creating and editing English and English-Chinese Bilingual qualification/proposal packages in InDesign.
- Drafting/editing cover letters in both English and Chinese (Mandarin).
- Preparing interview decks in Powerpoint or Google Slides, as needed.
- Updating and tracking project leads across the sales cycle in Salesforce CRM database (training provided).
- Working with Project Managers in the China market to update weekly China marketing report.
- Assisting NY marketing colleagues with tasks similar to those above, as needed and as time permits.
- Bachelor’s degree, especially in a relevant humanities field.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite applications, especially InDesign and Acrobat.
- Ability to learn and use Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Ability to read and write clearly in English and Chinese (Mandarin).
- A good eye for presentation is important.
- Hard-working, punctual, thorough, capable of both independent and group work.
- Demonstrates a general interest in and understanding of the built environment.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
Your application has been successfully submitted.