Project Architect - Healthcare
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are a design firm of more than 1,400 architects, interior designers, urban designers, scientists, artists, anthropologists and more. We work together across industries and across the globe to create places that delight, heal and stimulate peak performance.
We nurture a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering elegant solutions. We also have a dedicated research team devoted to discovering processes and ideas that improve outcomes for everyone.
In everything we do, we're mindful of the fragility of all life and of the planet.
Our New York office is seeking a talented Project Architect to join the Healthcare team.
A recognized practitioner and licensed Architect who possesses strong design and technical abilities and manages implementation documentation. Manages the firm’s resources (people, processes and tools) and assignments with proficiency, fluency and aptitude. Teaches and mentors staff and effectively embodies and expresses the firm’s values and mission.
- Leads consultants and technical team efforts to facilitate effective execution of project design and the delivery of implementation documents
- Works with PIC/PM in developing and managing the production schedule, including effectively defining and meeting deadlines
- Prepares, reviews and coordinates implementation documents prior to issue, including verifying implementation documents conform to QA/QC and HKS standards, best practice and quality expectations
- Manages the technical resolution and coordination for a defined portion of a project
- May lead development of code analysis and confirms code and zoning requirements for assigned segment of project are met
- Coordinates design group interaction both internally and externally, including leading consultant team work sessions
- Coordinates with project managers, clients, public agencies, consultants and contractors to incorporate engineering systems, to respond to requests for information, clarifications and modifications and to obtain approvals and adjust scope of services
- Prepares client presentations and may present design concepts and drawings
- Performs product research; assists project designers with materials and systems evaluation to make proper selections
- Oversees appropriate application of products and materials available on the market and best practices
- Leads team meetings to discuss project issues, technical issues and coordination with other disciplines
- Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings and documents as appropriate
- Responsible for preparing and/or reviewing meeting minutes for consultant coordination meetings
- Actively invests in the professional development of staff through mentoring, performance management and career planning
- Develops, recognizes, recruits and grows diverse talent
- Resolves conflict effectively and encourages a healthy team environment
- Promotes the firm’s principles of ‘design excellence’ through the integration of responsible and sustainable design practice with the art of design
- Understands fundamental accounting principles and the project accounting process
- Collaborates in and may be responsible for delivering a project on defined budget requirements
- Maintains accountability to project plan and planned utilization rate
- Understands contract and recognizes additional services needed
- May participate in the pursuit and marketing of potential projects
- Supports PIC/PM and may lead the business development process by identifying new opportunities, marketing current clients for repeat business and assisting with proposals, budgets and schedules
- Accredited professional degree in Architecture
- Architectural Registration required
- Typically 10-15 years of experience
- Sustainable design accreditation preferred
- Proficiency in Revit
- Proficiency in architectural software such as AutoCAD, Navisworks and 3D modeling software preferred
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup and InDesign software preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite preferred
- Strong knowledge of sustainability and integrated design guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems, accessibility guidelines and QA/QC process
- Advanced knowledge of building codes and ability to research and incorporate into implementation documents
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in writing
Your application has been successfully submitted.