Design Professional - Interior Design
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are a design firm of more than 1,400 architects, interior designers, urban designers, scientists, artists, anthropologists and more. We work together across industries and across the globe to create places that delight, heal and stimulate peak performance.
We nurture a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering elegant solutions. We also have a dedicated research team devoted to discovering processes and ideas that improve outcomes for everyone.
In everything we do, we're mindful of the fragility of all life and of the planet.
Our Detroit office is seeking a Design Professional to join the Interiors team.
An Interior Design Professional supports project teams using a wide range of developing professional skills. Performs basic design and technical tasks requiring application of standard techniques and knowledge while working under general supervision. Eager to learn, highly organized and willing to contribute creatively to the team.
- Revises drawings, presentations and renderings as assigned under direction of lead designer
- Assists with preparing implementation document sets (i.e., interior plans, fixture plans, elevations, details)
- Organizes files, materials and displays
- Assists in developing and managing furniture and interior fittings packages
- May complete site surveys, field verification and test fit plans
- Assists with the development of interiors concepts based on client vision, desire, project scope and architectural concept
- Utilizes creative thinking to achieve innovative solutions
- Conducts research (i.e., conceptual, site, client, materials) for the project team
- May communicate with and coordinate with vendors and product manufacturers representatives during finish sample procurement and selection
- May participate in communication with other disciplines, consultants and contractors to incorporate all information into project requirements
- May assist with review of RFIs and submittals during the Construction Administration Phase
- May participate in product presentations to maintain knowledge of industry drivers, products and materials available on the market
- Participates in and contributes to in team meetings to discuss project issues, technical issues and coordination with other disciplines
- Fosters awareness of the importance of growing and maintaining client relationships and the basic concept of business development
- May assist in production of marketing presentations
- Accredited professional degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field
- On the path to NCIDQ certification
- Typically 0-3 years of experience
- Sustainable design accreditation preferred
- Knowledge of software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, InDesign and 3D modeling software
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite preferred
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in writing
- Ability to problem solve and collaborate on innovative solutions
Your application has been successfully submitted.