This job is no longer accepting applications.
When it comes to architecture firms, there is the way things have been done, and the way things should be done. At Rossmann Architecture, we believe architectural professionals should receive the opportunities they deserve based on their talent, not their seniority or resources. In our firm, every team member is encouraged to be a leader and take charge of their career development. We believe it is never too early to start your dream job and pursue the work you truly love.
At Rossmann Architecture, we don’t limit our values to a wall poster. We bring, build upon and live our values fully—and we do it all alongside the people who inspire us to do the best work of our lives. This is the place where enthusiastic, collaborative professionals come to drive forward their careers and embrace a new approach to the traditional firm (and perhaps a bit of impromptu office karaoke if the right song comes on).
The role of the Project Coordinator is to support the Team Lead by providing superior customer service to multiple clients with multiple projects. They must ensure the full collaboration of the team (internal and external) to meet requirements regarding time, budget, quality and more. They must also be able to provide administrative support to allow other members of the team to focus on their design and technical expertise. The Project Coordinator must possess great people and communication skills and be diplomatic and respectful in interactions with clients and external collaborators. They will be called upon to assist junior members of the team by answering both technical questions and practical questions regarding the full completion of architectural projects. The Project Coordinator may be called to work irregular hours depending on the needs of the projects and/or the business.
- Assist the Team Lead with project report outlining the scope of work, findings, project analysis and objectives of the project, by defining the possible options and recommendations for the project.
- Take a leadership role within an assigned team to collaborate and manage progress.
- Regularly gather data from the team to ensure the progress of the project is following the outlined plan.
- Administrate and manage the projects by documenting all meetings, collecting all required paperwork, and filing appropriately.
- Develop and maintain realistic project schedules.
- Follow and adjust budgetary requirements to ensure project is being kept within or under a designated figure.
- Must be proactive to minimize risks and responsive to resolve issues that may occur to mitigate these issues.
- Maintain constant communication with stakeholders, report progress and receive their feedback, maintain high level of client retention and ensure high client satisfaction.
- Attending site visits or meetings with clients off site.
- Responsible chair project meetings, take meeting minutes and prepare agendas on certain occasions
- Coordination of projects with the sub consultants.
Required skills and experience:
- Fluency in French and English, both written and spoken is required.
- Must have superior organization and time management skills and have thorough understanding of budget management.
- Knowledge of MS Projects, MS Suite and Bluebeam or Adobe Acrobat is an asset.
- Driving license (Class 5 or G), access to a vehicle is required.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision, prioritize customer service and enjoy teamwork.
- Ideally 2 years experience in project coordination/administration, preferably in the construction industry.
- Proven skills in the management of resources.
- Experience in project administration, including estimation, procurement and construction contract administration is an asset
- Be enthusiastic, organized, autonomous, versatile and proactive.
- Demonstrate pedagogy and patience.
- Full time, permanent, 40h/week.
- Salary: to be discussed according to experience.
- Probationary period of 3 months.
- Benefits (group insurance and pension fund).
- 3 weeks of paid vacation per year.
“All you hear is people laughing and enjoying themselves. It’s actually quite different than my experience in other architecture firms. Normally architecture firms are very quiet, everyone is focused and maybe a little scared or stressed of what’s going to happen if they mess up. But with us, that’s not the case at all.”
-Pierre Proulx, Architecture Team Lead
Stay in The Loop:
Rossmann Architecture is the place where creativity, laughter, and a bit of shameless singing are encouraged. We have big aspirations to grow the business as a whole and are looking for the right, curious individuals who can help us drive them forward. Not quite ready to join the team?
Stay informed of all things Rossmann before anyone else by joining our Talent Network.
Rossmann Architecture is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at careers (at) rossmanarchitecture (dot) ca.
Your application has been successfully submitted.