This job is no longer accepting applications.
RIOS was founded in 1985 as a multi-disciplinary design firm. We work together to create singular, integrated, and comprehensive solutions for a variety of design challenges. Combined, our talents comprise a wide range of professional skills including architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, graphic, interior, exhibit and product design.
The Designer role is responsible for being a positive team player and participating in the RIOS design process while focusing on professional development and obtaining technical expertise. A Designer strives to deliver top-notch project task execution and contributes to the overall success of the team.
Essential duties include:
- Learning, promoting and striving to apply our office Mission and Values of curiosity, inclusion, collaboration, making and perspective through a collaborative design outlook on all assigned project tasks
- Actively engaging in the design process and working toward the successful performance of a project
- Successful and accurate delivery of assigned project tasks that meet the project goals and concepts set forth by studio leadership
- Using independent judgement to evaluate, select or modify standard
- techniques within project criteria
- Demonstrating the ability to show initiative and the ability to think critically and
- reasonably to anticipate task completion needs
- Effectively communicating with studio leadership and peers; to include asking
- appropriate questions when necessary
- Striving to ensure a high quality design delivery through continued, self- guided
- learning of professional practice and discipline
- Fostering and encouraging a positive work environment among peers and teams
- both in attitude and outlook; Engaging in the office culture
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills:
- Strong design skills and a passion for creativity
- Strong organizational skills
- A high degree of self-motivation, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Construction documents and specification experience
- Construction administration experience, as well as experience coordinating with a range of consultants including civil, electrical, and structural engineers
- Ability to skillfully work alongside internal and external customers
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Residential project experience and interest preferred
- A minimum of 3-6 years of professional experience
- Bachelor of Architecture degree or a Master’s of Architecture degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience with Autocad, Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and REVIT
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are a design collective working beyond boundaries.