Mid-Senior Landscape Architect/Design
This job is no longer accepting applications.
MFLA. Munden Fry Landscape Associates is seeking a full-time Landscape Architect/Designer with 4-8 years of experience. Licensure is a plus, but not required.
MFLA are looking for a mid - senior staff member to design, project manage and execute a diverse portfolio of projects across both private and public sectors from schematic development to construction administration phases. A focus for the role will be servicing our growing residential and hospitality client base, so experience in this industry is preferred. This individual must have strong communication & technical skills and a robust knowledge of horticulture. Comfortable leading project meetings with key partners that include architects, developers, residential clients and municipalities. This collaboration will extend to our internal team with guiding the development of graphic representations, specifications, and construction details. The ability to meet various project deadlines while working with MFLA Partners and designers is a must.
Candidates should be self-directed, well organized, collaborative, a problem solver and have solid logistical skills. A strong understanding in complex project types and attention to detail is key to ensure design integrity and graphic consistency of each project.
MFLA is a landscape & urban design studio with a presence in the Bay Area, Sonoma County and Europe. Our commissions comprise of master planning, urban infill and re-development, mixed-use residential and commercial, parks, waterfront re-development, campuses, streetscapes, estates, wineries, agricultural properties, and hospitality projects. We are a small, passionate team that relies on a creative and collective work environment to implement high quality designs for our clients. The Northern California studio is an airy, open plan space in downtown Healdsburg near restaurants, coffee shops, bike trails and bus routes. Another office is a shared San Francisco based studio in the Mission District for Bay Area located employees.
- Design, manage and execute projects from schematic development through construction administration phases
- Client management & coordination: lead project meetings, presentations, and site visits
- Guide & support team members in the execution of graphic representations, construction details
- Quality control and review of drawing sets
- Execution and effective oversight of tasks related to project management including, but not limited to: invoicing, project budget, site research, and material specifications
- Involvement in weekly MFLA team meetings with project updates
- BA or MA in Landscape Architecture
- Minimum of 4 years professional experience working in a landscape architecture studio through all phases of design
- Highly skilled in AutoCAD, Adobe Suite (Photoshop and InDesign), Modeling Software, Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in technical and construction drawing
- Strong horticultural knowledge
- Proficient graphics, 3-D modeling (Sketch Up or similar), and hand-sketching-drawing skills
- Clear verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate with project team & consultants
- Must reside within commuting distance of our Healdsburg and/or San Francisco office and have the ability to work remotely during COVID19 pandemic.
- The candidate will be invited to work in the office in some hybrid capacity that aligns with state and county recommendations along with the individual comfort levels of employees.
- Commensurate with experience.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a brief cover letter, resume, and a pdf-format portfolio* or portfolio link to Amber Munden – email@example.com
*Please limit portfolio size to 6mb. Preliminary selection of candidates will have an initial phone interview.
US residency or citizenship status is required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Blurring the boundaries between land, art and architecture