Project Interior Designer - Healthcare
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are a design firm of more than 1,400 architects, interior designers, urban designers, scientists, artists, anthropologists and more. We work together across industries and across the globe to create places that delight, heal and stimulate peak performance.
We nurture a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering elegant solutions. We also have a dedicated research team devoted to discovering processes and ideas that improve outcomes for everyone.
In everything we do, we're mindful of the fragility of all life and of the planet.
Our Denver office is seeking an experienced Project Interior Designer to join our Healthcare Interiors team.
A recognized practitioner and certified Interior Designer who possesses strong design and technical abilities and manages implementation documentation. Manages the firm’s resources (people, processes and tools) and assignments with proficiency, fluency and aptitude. Teaches and mentors staff and effectively embodies and expresses the firm’s values and mission.
- Develops and manages initial design concepts and branding strategies in conjunction with owner requirements and project market position
- Continues to develop interiors concepts based on client vision, desire and architectural concept
- Utilizes creative thinking to achieve innovative solutions
- Prepares detailed implementation documents, designs, plans, models and schemes
- Assists in supervising the preparation of design details and implementation documents by project team
- Collaborates on all phases of the design process for respective project(s) including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development and construction document preparation
- Leads the management and/or documentation effort for respective interiors project(s) of varying sizes with minimal guidance
- Shares accountability for managing project program documents, schedules and finances to keep the project on schedule
- Effectively documents and conveys design requirements and design solutions to the broader design and construction team
- Collaborates in developing solutions to technical and design detail problems
- Coordinates client presentations and public hearings as needed
- Collaborates in the development of cost estimates for design proposals
- Coordinates with project team on review and approval of final interior and exterior programming, design development documents, construction documents, furnishings selections and purchases, RFIs and submittals
- Communicates with other disciplines, vendors and contractors to incorporate all information into project requirements
- Participates in product presentations to maintain knowledge of industry drivers, products and materials available on the market
- Participates in and leads team meetings to discuss project issues, technical issues and coordination with other disciplines
- Develops, recognizes, recruits and grows diverse talent
- Resolves conflict effectively and encourages a healthy team environment
- Understands fundamental accounting principles and the project accounting process
- Collaborates in and may be responsible for delivering a project on defined budget requirements
- May participate in the pursuit and marketing of potential projects
- Supports and may lead the business development process by identifying new opportunities, marketing current clients for repeat business and assisting with proposals, budgets and schedules
- Accredited professional degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field
- NCIDQ certification required
- Typically 8+ years of experience
- Sustainable design accreditation preferred
- Experience in Revit
- Proficiency in software such as AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup and InDesign and 3D modeling software preferred
- Working knowledge of furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) software preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite preferred
- Strong knowledge of sustainability and integrated design guidelines
- Strong knowledge of building codes and ability to research and incorporate into technical documents
- Experience with FF&E to carry out design intent
- Experience with managing and performing duties in a fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in writing
Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act:
Base Salary Range: $71-$113k annually – Colorado locations only
The estimate displayed represents the general base salary range of candidates hired in Colorado only. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
HKS offers a comprehensive total compensation & benefits package with health, dental, and vision care coverage, 401(k) plans, life & AD&D insurance, short/long term disability plans, paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, vacation), and much more for benefits-eligible employees. To learn more about our benefits visit this page.
If you currently work for HKS, please submit your application via the Internal Careers Portal.
HKS is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.