This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are a design firm of more than 1,400 architects, interior designers, urban designers, scientists, artists, anthropologists and more. We work together across industries and across the globe to create places that delight, heal and stimulate peak performance.
We nurture a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering elegant solutions. We also have a dedicated research team devoted to discovering processes and ideas that improve outcomes for everyone.
In everything we do, we're mindful of the fragility of all life and of the planet.
Our Atlanta office is looking for an experienced Job Captain to join our Commercial/Mixed Use team.
Exercises independent judgment in evaluation, selection and use of standard techniques, and solves problems when encountered. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of architectural principles, practices and procedures to complete assignments with originality and ingenuity. Anticipates job expectations and contributes to project and design solutions.
- Modifies or creates implementation documents and complex drawings with limited guidance, applying architectural techniques and procedures requiring independent judgment
- May coordinate design group interaction both internally and externally, including assisting with consultant team work sessions
- Manages project work of the architectural team as appropriate
- Performs design computations and document preparation, including maintaining the information flow to the project team, to reflect the design intent in implementation documents and coordinating with consultants to confirm systems work
- Assists with review, modification and coordination of implementation documents prior to issue, including collaborating to validate that code and zoning requirements for assigned segment of project are met
- Assignments may include higher-level work for training/development purposes
- Executes deliverables according to scope of services and HKS standards, best practices, and quality expectations
- May attend client or consultant meetings
- Participates in team meetings to discuss project issues, technical issues and coordination with other disciplines
- Recognizes the financial aspect of a project and basic accounting principles involved in the project’s and firm’s profitability
- Responsible for the financial implications of overhead and chargeable time, including accountability to project plan and planned utilization rate
- Understands the importance of growing and maintaining client relationships and the basic concept of business development
- May assist in pursuit of new project opportunities either through relationship development or identifying additional work from existing clients
- Accredited professional degree in Architecture or related field
- Actively pursuing Architectural Registration
- Typically 4+ years of experience
- Sustainable design accreditation preferred
- Proficiency in architectural software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks and 3D modeling software (including Rhino and Grasshopper) preferred
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup and InDesign graphic software preferred
- Familiarity with computational design and parametric modeling preferred
- Familiarity with energy modeling preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite preferred
- Knowledge of sustainability and integrated design guidelines
- Strong knowledge of architectural building systems
- Knowledge of QA/QC and specification process
- Knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to communicate and present ideas in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in writing
If you currently work for HKS, please submit your application via the Internal Careers Portal. HKS is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.