Office Operations Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM Means
- Ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm.
- Knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything, but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills and deepen our knowledge.
- Product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work.
- Individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm.
- Team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential.
- Firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions and processes to our work.
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as a Office Operations Coordinator for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
- Share in receptionist duties such as answering telephones, greeting and servicing clients and guests attending meetings in the office.
- Assist with the Administration of the office space and facilities, helping to ensure adequate supplies, coordination of staff seating and relocations.
- Serve as the first point of contact in responding to operations requests from staff.
- Ensure office space meets SOM standards.
- Identify, organize and implement administrative projects independently in accordance with deadlines.
- Work with and provide support to office leadership as needed.
- Promote professional relationships internally and externally.
- Liaise with Property Manager for facilities requests.
- Assist with the coordination of services from different departments including Human Resources, Information Technology, Administrative Resources, Accounting and Marketing.
- Serve as a point of contact for clients, external consultants and vendors.
- Coordinate new hire desk assignments and set up.
- Manage and coordinate multiple schedules, both individual and project specific.
- Dedicate the necessary time beyond routine hours (as required, including last minute needs) to assist in meeting business commitments
- Lead special projects to improve office operations.
- Other duties as required.
- 2+ years experience working in an Office Operations capacity.
- A highly professional, creative and committed individual with proven technical and organizational skills.
- Strong command of Google Workspace, Google Drive, Zoom, Concur or other online travel system
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree desirable.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs at a time
- Prior experience working with an architecture, engineering or construction firm is highly desirable.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.