Office Operations Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM Means
- Ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm.
- Knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything, but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills and deepen our knowledge.
- Product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work.
- Individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm.
- Team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential.
- Firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions and processes to our work.
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. The ideal candidate will have a strong landscape design background and proven success managing all facets of a project.
- In conjunction with Office Operations Manager, identifies, codifies, and implements the highest level of hospitality service.
- Owns front desk experience for visitors.
- In conjunction with the Office Operations Manager, develops office procedures.
- Owns office inventory and ordering of office supplies & office furniture.
- Manages office snack program
- Responsible for physical storage of SOM furniture, artwork and other items as appropriate.
- First point of contact for ergonomic related requests
- Performs minor furniture installation and moves
- Coordinates and oversees all aspects of office-wide moves.
- Manages OfficeSpace facilities software for updated seating maps
- Coordinates with property management to facilitate staff requests.
- Develops and maintains contacts with vendors.
- Works with Print Vendor to maintain onsite printing equipment.
- Assists with Well Certifications and maintenance.
- Acknowledges and seeks to accommodate requests to from staff for all office-related matters.
- Supports the InsideSOM community through training and knowledge sharing.
- Oversees architectural model inventory and curation.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- 5+ years experience working in an Office Operations capacity.
- A highly professional, creative and committed individual with proven technical and organizational skills.
- Strong command of Google Workspace, Google Drive, Zoom, Concur
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Bachelors degree desirable.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs at a time
- Prior experience working with an architecture, engineering or construction firm highly desirable.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.