This job is no longer accepting applications.
At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM Means
- Ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm.
- Knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything, but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills and deepen our knowledge.
- Product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work.
- Individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm.
- Team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential.
- Firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions and processes to our work.
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as an Executive Assistant for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
- Supports and prioritizes the needs of assigned Partner/s and their teams.
- Manages and coordinates multiple calendars, both individual and team specific.
- Prepares all travel arrangements and documentation including visa requirements.
- Schedules client meetings and assists with set-up of conference rooms, including food and beverage, video conferencing and Zoom Meetings.
- Identifies, organizes, and implements administrative projects independently in accordance with deadlines.
- Ensures architectural licenses are updated and accurate along with maintaining AIA credits for recording with Licensure Department.
- Responsible for organizing tasks by level of urgency. Ensure the day to day tasks are well organized and efficient.
- Perform other support tasks as assigned, including, timesheets, expense reports; editorial work on technical papers and presentations.
- Dedicates necessary time beyond scheduled hours (including last minute requests) as required to meet business commitments.
- Five to seven years of experience as a high functioning administrative assistant to senior leaders.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong command of Google Workspace, Google Drive, Zoom, Concur.
- Exhibits initiatives, problem solving, and decision quality with a high attention to detail.
- Effectively communicates with supervisors through timely and appropriate written, oral, and visual means.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.