Project Manager - Commercial/Mixed Use
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are a design firm of more than 1,400 architects, interior designers, urban designers, scientists, artists, anthropologists and more. We work together across industries and across the globe to create places that delight, heal and stimulate peak performance.
We nurture a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering elegant solutions. We also have a dedicated research team devoted to discovering processes and ideas that improve outcomes for everyone.
In everything we do, we're mindful of the fragility of all life and of the planet.
Our Atlanta office is seeking a Project Manager to join our Commercial/Mixed Use team.
A primary managerial position in a specific project and shares responsibility for project successes. Recognized ability to impact revenue and growth. Manages the firm’s resources (people, processes and tools) and assignments with proficiency, fluency and aptitude. Teaches and mentors staff and effectively embodies and expresses the firm’s values and mission.
- Acts as a primary client relationship for respective project, building and strengthening connections through a comprehensive understanding of their project mission, goals, policies, needs and progress
- Manages the execution and delivery of implementation documents through all phases of a project, including post-occupancy evaluation and sharing/harvesting lessons learned and project impact
- Collaborates on the design process including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development, document preparation and construction administration
- Coordinates project team interaction both internally and all other project participants
- Manages the project team in collaboration with other disciplines to establish design solutions that can be technically implemented within the constraints of the project goals, budgets, available time and within local ordinances and codes
- May lead client presentations and public hearings as needed
- Monitors project to anticipate potential risks and collaborates with the PIC, legal team and client to resolve issues
- Holds project team responsible for detailed code and zoning analysis, performance analysis and deliverables on HKS standards, best practices and quality expectations
- Collaborates in project meeting management, including scheduling, determining meeting purpose, preparing agendas and meeting report and maintaining action items log on regular basis
- Attends on-site visits and field reviews as necessary
- Actively invests in the professional development of staff through mentoring, performance management and career planning
- Develops, recognizes, recruits and grows diverse talent
- Resolves conflict effectively and encourages a healthy team environment
- Assists PIC/PM with the development and management of project job costs, budget and resourcing projections
- Collaborates with PIC/PM on project financial performance, such as confirming invoices are paid current before issuing documents
- Understands fundamental accounting principles and the project accounting process
- Collaborates in and may be responsible for delivering a project on defined budget requirements
- Builds, updates and executes project schedule assuring deliverables are completed on time and aligned with the budgeted labor; recalibrates as necessary
- Maintains accountability to project plan and planned utilization rate
- Understands contract and recognizes additional services needed
- May participate in the pursuit and marketing of potential projects
- Supports PIC and may lead the business development process by identifying new opportunities, marketing current clients for repeat business and assisting with proposals, budgets and schedules
- Accredited professional degree in Architecture or equivalent in education or experience
- Architectural Registration strongly preferred
- Typically 8+ years of experience
- Sustainable design accreditation preferred
- Firsthand and sustained experience in all phases of architectural design and construction
- Familiarity in the capability and benefits of architectural and performance analytical software such as Revit, AutoCAD, 3D modeling, parametric design and performance analysis software preferred
- Experience in MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Project and Microsoft Teams preferred
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability and integrated design guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems and QA/QC process
- Advanced knowledge of building codes, constructability and accessibility guidelines
- Experience in logistics management
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to manage team with diplomatic and collaborative leadership style which puts value on relationships and collaboration, both internal and external
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in writing
If you currently work for HKS, please submit your application via the Internal Careers Portal. HKS is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.