Junior BIM Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Volumetric Building Companies (VBC) is building the future of housing. As an innovative, vertically integrated volumetric modular company, we leverage new technology while embracing tried and true practices to deliver an end-to-end solution to our clients. From ideation to design and engineering, manufacturing and construction, VBC delivers the highest quality product in the most efficient way possible creating immense value for our clients while innovating new techniques and processes that benefit the entire construction industry.
VBC is comprised of three divisions, VBC | Studio, VBC | Manufacturing, and VBC | Construction that all work together to support and realize the vision of each of our clients. As one of the only vertically integrated volumetric modular construction companies, we are able to facilitate an entire project versus the number of time intensive handoffs that typically happen within a construction project. These efficiencies allow projects to be completed more quickly allowing for faster ROI and, ultimately, more value for our client.
Our team is the backbone of VBC. We have a strong sense of purpose, which drives us to continually improve and make significant day-to-day progress. We push and support each other in our drive to excellence, celebrate the wins and invest in our opportunities for growth.
The sky is the limit for the future of VBC. We want innovative and driven people who will embrace our shared purpose and goals as we build the future of housing together.
We are looking to add Construction Project Manager to our rapidly growing team.
- Generate, customize, and maintain design technology standards
- Manage and develop configurations and customizations in digital tools and content to ensure that all are completed and in line with standards and other general office and project procedures
- Generate, manage, and track BIM-based quality control reviews
- Assist in the implementation BIM360 standard processes and revisions with the direction of the Design Technology Manager
- Provide proactive support to project design, engineering, manufacturing, and construction teams including, but not limited to, BIM implementation planning, project setup and technology configuration to ensure successful outcomes
- Advise and assist Research and Approvals Manager with standard documentation training endeavors
- Provide orientation and training to all BIM based staff and orient to BIM-related office standards, procedures, and software
- Respond to, trouble shoot, generate and implement BIM improvements as suggested by VBC | Studio team members
- Assist in the generation and maintenance of BIM manuals, procedures, and Revit template updates with the direction of the Design Technology Manager
- Coordinate inclusion of standard office documents in BIM templates with Research and Approvals Manger
- Interface with construction and manufacturing teams to ensure faithful and profitable execution of VBC projects
- Maintain internal and external Customer correspondence in a professional, timely, and courteous manner
- Support strategies that will help meet the needs of and improve the level of service to internal and exterior Customers
- Support project architects in managing BIM360 access on a project by project basis, and coordinate with IT and HR in the maintenance of company wide BIM360 access
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Construction or professional degree in Architecture required
- Engineering, Architecture, Interior Architecture, Construction experience required
- 0-3 Years of experience required
- AutoCAD, Revit, BIM360 proficiency required
- Generative design software such as Dynamo and Grasshopper experience preferred
- Bluebeam Revu proficiency required
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency required
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to function as part of a team
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Must have the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Must have be an independent problem-solver and appreciate and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Travel expected
Excellent salary, benefits (paid time off, medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)), as well as growth potential.
Salary Requirements should be submitted for consideration.
VBC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at VBC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of VBC. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by VBC as a result of the referral or through other means.
Your application has been successfully submitted.