This job is no longer accepting applications.
BIG is a group of 500+ architects, engineers, urbanists, inventors, researchers and business minds from all over the world who are based in our Copenhagen, New York, London and Barcelona offices. Our built work ranges from the most diverse urban playground and Michelin-star dining - to affordable housing that feels everything but and a school among the verdant fjords of the Faroe Islands. Our vision spans traveling at supersonic speed with Hyperloop One to living in floating cities and eventually Mars! While we are led by a group of expert partners, directors and associates - a flat hierarchy and collaborative spirit are essential to our BIG ecosystem. We share our collective knowledge and expansive network through study trips and educational workshops – BIG School offers in-house lessons while BIG Picture brings in industry experts to inspire and invigorate. We are infectiously ambitious and unified by the shared mission to craft the world we want to live in, to give form to our future one project at a time.
As an Executive Assistant, you will be responsible for the day-to-day schedule and overall support of our Partner group. This role may report to one dedicated Partner or multiple, dependent upon need and schedule.
Join us on this mission if you are an Executive Assistant who:
- Is organized, structured and both big-picture-savvy and detail-oriented
- Can manage multiple complex schedules and daily calendars
- Is capable of multi-tasking tasks that often vary in scale and scope
- Has self-confidence and persistence, and is confident with decision making
- Is proactive and who also completes tasks with a sense of urgency
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills
- Enjoys a busy and creative environment with many personalities
- Is comfortable with fast-paced decisions and rapidly changing environments
- Feels that no administrative task is too little or too great
- Is a good colleague and a team-player who wants to engage in BIG’s unique office culture
- Can be flexible with regard to working hours and assignments
- Is incredibly professional on the phone, in e-mails and in person
- Has a sympathetic and nurturing demeanor
- Has a minimum of two (2) years of experience as an executive assistant
- Is discreet
- Is fun!
- The management and organization of the NYC Partners’ schedules
- Assisting visiting CPH partners while in NYC
- Document filing and organization for business and personal matters related to Partners
- Monthly expense reconciliation for Partners
- Assisting Project Leaders and the Business Development Director, Americas, especially with complex meeting coordination
- Extensive travel assistance including flight and hotel bookings
- Preparing meetings
- Answering phone calls and e-mails on behalf of partners
- Assisting in the planning of various office events
- Assistance in preparing paperwork for various business qualifications, licenses, etc.
- Various ad hoc tasks
At BIG, we value and encourage the following qualities:
- Be proactive – take initiative, do research and don’t be afraid to try new things; prevent issues rather than just fix them
- Be reliable – be someone leadership can trust to deliver on any task
- Be accountable – from the big picture to the day to day, from production and team morale to liaising with Ops, own the decisions you make
- Be consistent – prove you can do it, and then do it again and again
- Be tenacious – be committed, show up, contribute with passion, do your best, get stuff done and don’t give up
- Be independent – don’t be afraid to ask questions but be able to take a task or project and run with it
- Be clever – be smart, know your stuff, think critically, keep the big picture in mind, figure things out and look up new knowledge, stay updated and be curious
- Be nice – be a team player and a good colleague, be honest, respect your colleagues, don’t take yourself too seriously and have fun!
- Be generous – share your knowledge and skills with other BIGsters and mentor others when you can
Diversity has been part of our DNA since BIG’s foundation. A multitude of cultures and backgrounds creates a new point of reference which leads to amazing insights. At BIG, we celebrate and support diversity because it makes our team, work and the built environment better. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and take affirmative action to employ equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.