Design Technology Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
BIG is a group of 500+ architects, engineers, urbanists, inventors, researchers and business minds from all over the world who are based in our Copenhagen, New York, London and Barcelona offices. Our built work ranges from the most diverse urban playground and Michelin-star dining - to affordable housing that feels everything but and a school among the verdant fjords of the Faroe Islands. Our vision spans traveling at supersonic speed with Hyperloop One to living in floating cities and eventually Mars! While we are led by a group of expert partners, directors and associates - a flat hierarchy and collaborative spirit are essential to our BIG ecosystem. We share our collective knowledge and expansive network through study trips and educational workshops – BIG School offers in-house lessons while BIG Picture brings in industry experts to inspire and invigorate. We are infectiously ambitious and unified by the shared mission to craft the world we want to live in, to give form to our future one project at a time.
As a Design Technology Specialist at BIG NYC, you will report to the BIM Director and be responsible for:
- Establishing, developing and implementing design technology workflows within and beyond Revit
- Actively engaging with multiple design teams to troubleshoot and to ensure best computational practices are being followed
- Creating and maintaining project-specific and office-wide parametric content.
- Actively monitoring and streamlining Revit models
- Assisting teams with complex geometry, 3D coordination, energy analysis, interoperability, immersive experiences and other design technology workflows
- Educating staff in computational strategies and software (Revit, Rhino.Inside, Grasshopper, Dynamo, etc.)
- Researching and testing relevant new technologies
Join us if you are a Design Technology Specialist who has:
- Completion of an accredited Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Architecture, Engineering or Design
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- A strong interest in design technology beyond the confines of a single software platform
- A love for working at the intersection of design, geometry and computation
- Conquered the Revit Family Editor and fluency in a visual scripting language (Grasshopper or Dynamo)
- Familiarity with: Rhino.Inside, Revit API, Twinmotion/Unreal, Enscape, Unity, Fologram AR, Catia, custom tool development
- Knowledge of architectural design as well as the basics of architectural drawing set production and coordination
- Experience as an effective and engaging teacher
- A portfolio demonstrating work in computational design (beyond the rendering)
- An organized, structured and detail-oriented working style
- Self-confidence and persistence
- The ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal guidance
- Follow through and completes tasks with a sense of urgency
- Flexibility with regard to working hours and assignments
- A passion to be a good colleague and a team-player, yet capable of working independently
This is a full time, salaried role anticipated to be fully in person in our office located in Brooklyn, NY.
Diversity has been part of our DNA since BIG’s foundation. A multitude of cultures and backgrounds creates a new point of reference which leads to amazing insights. At BIG, we celebrate and support diversity because it makes our team, work and the built environment better. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and take affirmative action to employ equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.