Senior Project Architect - Custom Residential Studio
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position Listing: Senior Project Architect - Custom Residential Studio
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Project Architect. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, works well with clients and colleagues, and is driven to help grow a creative design firm. This is a full-time position with a base pay commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid professional memberships; 401k matching; paid time to volunteer in your community; four weeks of vacation; holiday and discretionary time, and wellness reimbursement.
The Company: Board & Vellum was founded in 2011 by Jeff Pelletier in the attic of his Capitol Hill home. He didn’t want his name on the door, wasn’t interested in only one architectural style, and was determined to show that exceptional design could come with an ego-free attitude and great service. Since those early days, we’ve grown our staff and our portfolio of work by providing honest customer service. Even at our size of nearly 50 architects, interior designers, landscape architects, and creative professionals, we are consistently ranked as one of the best places to work in the state.
Responsibilities: The Senior Project Architect works closely with the Custom Residential Studio Director to manage studio workflow and be the leader of complex residential projects. This position requires ability to manage others, coordinate workflow, assign project teams, actively mentor, and oversee the project delivery processes.
Professional licensure is strongly preferred along with a minimum of 10 years of residential design and document production experience. Excellent verbal and written skills is a must along with experience working with and caring for clients. A qualified candidate will be a self-sufficient leader who is able to handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Professional license strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage others, coordinate workflow, assign project teams, mentor, and oversee project delivery processes.
- Ability to fully run multiple custom residential projects, including complex projects, and lead project teams collaboratively.
- Excellent grasp of assembling contract documents.
- Participate in the proposal and fee development process for new project prospects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Has experience in working with clients and skill in client care.
- Familiarity with Seattle codes and permitting a plus.
- Be self–sufficient, and able to handle multiple projects and tasks.
We value flexible working hours, treating each other with respect, having fun, maintaining a work/life balance, speaking in a language our clients can understand, and we offer a bunch of great people to work with. Board & Vellum is a dog-friendly office, and a non-smoking environment. Our office is on Capitol Hill, within walking distance to all the fun stuff you want to do. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.