Junior/Intermediate Interior Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Workshop/APD is an award-winning New York City-based multidisciplinary design and architecture firm. From sleek penthouses and seaside retreats to luxury residential developments and groundbreaking hotels and restaurants, our projects are uniquely defined by a sense of place and purpose and a desire to ultimately enhance the user’s experience through exceptional design. Our aesthetic is timelessly modern but site-specific, unbound by project type or a singular style. Our diverse and collaborative team of architects, interior designers and product designers leverage their vast and highly varied experiences to solve complex design challenges, resulting in spaces that are exceptionally beautiful and accessible.
We are looking for an experienced junior to intermediate interior designer to join our team and work on residential projects. The candidate should have design experience on high-end residential projects where he/she was involved in all phases of the interior design process. The ideal candidate is a gifted, organized designer who is able to envision, manage and execute parts of a project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Pricing out of all selections, vendor correspondence, all sample requests and returns
- Sourcing of secondary furniture, lighting and fabrics and finishes
- Updating and maintaining Furniture plans in AutoCAD
- Creating, updating and Maintaining Elevations in CAD as Rendered elevations
- Working with Senior Designers and Design Director to prepare client presentations and schemes
- Maintaining and managing project budgets and timelines and overall day to day project needs and expectations.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Professional Degree in Interior Design or related field
- Be able to showcase finished work in your portfolio and discuss what your role was
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Excel, Studio Webware (this is a plus but not mandatory) and all Adobe programs
- Passionate, self-motivated designer, ready for fast paced and hard workload
- Ability to work in a team and manage yourself, those below you and relay all information to the senior staff
Please send your resume and work samples/portfolio to email@example.com. Applications without work samples/portfolio are not eligible for further consideration. You may submit your work samples/portfolio together with your resume as one document.
Your application has been successfully submitted.