This job is no longer accepting applications.
At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM Means
- Ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm.
- Knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything, but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills and deepen our knowledge.
- Product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work.
- Individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm.
- Team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential.
- Firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions and processes to our work.
- Contributes to the vision and development of distinct portions of a Project, product, or task with periodic supervision by Project Leadership. Exhibits initiative, process innovation, problem solving, and decision quality with a high attention to precision and accuracy at a task specific level.
- Produces and coordinates presentations.
- Effectively communicates internally through timely and appropriate written, oral, and visual means.
- Creates, innovates and integrates interdisciplinary criteria to effectively move forward the design of a portion of a project or product.
- Actively collaborates at a project team level by critically and constructively evaluating ideas.
- Demonstrates an intermediate understanding of building materials, systems, specifications, codes, details and construction techniques.
- Manages time and workload to meet project task deadlines and commitments with periodic interaction and direction from project leaders while sharing knowledge with less experienced staff.
- Assists with the development of innovative ideas into new products and business ventures.
- Carry out product manager responsibilities for new products by assessing market value, determining the customer base, and creating product to market roadmaps.
- Assist the R&I team in defining appropriate visions for products.
- Manage the working relationship with outside collaborators and the SOM R&I team.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience;
- Completion of a professional degree in Architecture, industrial design or a related field.
- Demonstrates proficiency in relevant software: Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, parametric and rendering software, and other graphic software.Solidworks, Rhino and other G-Suite software.
- Relative knowledge in product design processes: market analysis, product ideation, development, prototyping, and product to market strategy.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.
Your application has been successfully submitted.