CNC Mill Set-Up/Operator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
RIOS was founded in 1985 as a multi-disciplinary design firm. We work together to create singular, integrated, and comprehensive solutions for a variety of design challenges. Combined, our talents comprise a wide range of professional skills including architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, graphic, interior, exhibit and product design.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced CNC Mill Set-Up/ Operator that is highly motivated and detail oriented. Most importantly, we are looking for a person who has the determination to solve problems, desire to learn, and complete task on time.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills:
- Ideal candidate would have background in CNC operation and experience working in the woodshop.
- Capable of scheduling, managing milling production, set up and monitors various mill jobs for quality without supervision ensuring part conforms to specifications and requirements.
- Perform in a fast-paced environment meeting or exceeding production standards with a mindset for both quality and productivity.
- In addition to Mill duties, cross-training may be required to learn and perform other duties as necessary.
- Ability to work in a team environment and a willingness to teach others.
- Possess critical thinking skills to devise solutions to new problems.
- Read and understand standard and geometric tolerances on blueprints and work instructions/operations sheets.
- Ability to recommend appropriate feed/speed, tooling, programs, and operation sequences.
- Make offsets and necessary modifications or adjustments to ensure parts are to specs.
- Accurately verify and document dimensions using standard measuring instruments, such as micrometers, depth gages, height gages, dial calipers, and other measuring device.
- Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations. Wear necessary personal protective equipment as required.
- Continued learning and growth.
- Be able to troubleshoot and offer suggestions on how to resolve machining problems/issues and let manager know what changes need to be made.
- Responsible for all care of tools, tooling, proper use, operation, and maintaining equipment.
- Assist in material ordering and maintaining studio inventor.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
Requirements - Minimum Qualifications:
- Physical Limitations: Work may require bending, lifting up to fifty (50) pounds, pulling, pushing, sitting, reaching, and standing for up to eight (8) hours per day.
- High School Diploma, technical school degree, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience ideally knowledgeable with Rhino/Rhino Cam program.
- Physical ability to stand and run machinery.
- Expect to work overtime when required.
- Knowledge of Shop Sabre mill is a plus (not required).
- Great work ethic and attitude.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are a design collective working beyond boundaries.