This job is no longer accepting applications.
Krueck Sexton Partners is seeking a dedicated and energetic BIM Coordinator to provide leadership and support for the firm’s diverse portfolio of work. Responsibilities include advancement of BIM methods, training, and the implementation of digital design standards. The BIM Coordinator works with project teams to outline technology objectives, requirements, and design and documentation approaches. She/He will be knowledgeable and proficient in current and emerging tools and workflows including Autodesk Revit, BIM 360 cloud collaboration, complex 3D modeling, and clash detection. The BIM Coordinator will identify and resolve issues through close interaction with project teams and collaborate on project management with multiple design teams involved with model integration.
- Serve as a project-level champion of BIM quality and execution across all projects in the studio.
- Investigate, evaluate, and develop best practices and project team workflows.
- Lead regular multi-disciplinary project BIM meetings.
- Oversee BIM-related project team inquiries and provide day-to-day support with modelling, documenting and detailing.
- Ensure teams are trained to meet office BIM standards and client requirements over the lifespan of projects.
- Communicate with consultants to receive, coordinate and update all electronic models.
- Manage the implementation of supporting software, custom toolbars, plugins, macros and Dynamo routines for BIM tools.
- Produce technical documentation of existing, new, and alternative workflows and modeling techniques.
- Coordinate and facilitate clash detection, QA/QC, and auditing design models across projects.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and workshops related to Design Technology; communicating lessons learned and disseminating the information to appropriate teams.
- Create and modify project BIM Execution Plan documents and office Revit family library.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or related field, Masters’ preferred
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a BIM leadership role with large complex projects
- Demonstrated track record of training implementation, standard development, and content management.
- Experience with Revit® software, 3D modeling, AutoCAD, Dynamo, BIM 360, Newforma
- Familiarity with Design Visualization applications such as Enscape, Vray, Lumion, etc.
- Familiarity with Computational Design applications such as Dynamo, Grasshopper, and Rhino inside Revit.
- Participation in the full cycle of three or more large- scale built projects, involving collaboration with all major disciplines, and in a significant BIM capacity.
- Good communication and training skills (verbal and written); + Strong teaching and coaching skills.
- Must proficient in designing and building Revit families.
Krueck Sexton Partners was founded in Chicago in 1981 and is grounded in the pragmatism and clarity of the city’s architectural heritage. KSP seeks to realize every project’s hidden potential. We leverage its competing elements and constraints creating opportunities to increase impact and value. We bring to every project both curiosity and a breadth of insight from across an intentionally diverse body of work and are committed to using design to address some of the greatest challenges of our day.
We are dedicated to realizing architecture that embraces creativity and innovation and are pursuing a diverse group of the most talented and passionate individuals to become a member of our team. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with an individual’s experience as well as a comprehensive benefits package. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. Krueck Sexton Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.