This job is no longer accepting applications.
BIG is a group of 500+ architects, engineers, urbanists, inventors, researchers and business minds from all over the world who are based in our Copenhagen, New York, London and Barcelona offices. Our built work ranges from the most diverse urban playground and Michelin-star dining - to affordable housing that feels everything but and a school among the verdant fjords of the Faroe Islands. Our vision spans traveling at supersonic speed with Hyperloop One to living in floating cities and eventually Mars! While we are led by a group of expert partners, directors and associates - a flat hierarchy and collaborative spirit are essential to our BIG ecosystem. We share our collective knowledge and expansive network through study trips and educational workshops – BIG School offers in-house lessons while BIG Picture brings in industry experts to inspire and invigorate. We are infectiously ambitious and unified by the shared mission to craft the world we want to live in, to give form to our future one project at a time.
Join us on our mission if you are a Licensed Architect who has:
- Completion of accredited Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture or related field of study
- 4-8 years professional experience as a Licensed Architect
- Experience through SD, DD, CD, CA phases preferred
- Experience with projects that have been built and completed preferred
- Licensure and/or LEED certification required
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English - spoken and written
- Strong conceptual and design skills
- The ability to convey a clear project narrative and conceptual ideas to both internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to develop design options in collaboration with the design team
- The ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings and models as they relate to the project
- Should have strong abilities with Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, Revit, V-ray and Enscape
- Strong organizational skills, able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and manage one’s own time
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction from Project Leadership
- A flexible and open attitude towards new and iterative ways of working
At BIG, we value and encourage the following qualities:
- Be proactive – take initiative, do research and don’t be afraid to try new things; prevent issues rather than just fix them
- Be reliable – be someone leadership can trust to deliver on any task
- Be accountable – from the big picture to the day to day, from production and team morale to liaising with Ops, own the decisions you make
- Be consistent – prove you can do it, and then do it again and again
- Be tenacious – be committed, show up, contribute with passion, do your best, get stuff done and don’t give up
- Be independent – don’t be afraid to ask questions but be able to take a task or project and run with it
- Be clever – be smart, know your stuff, think critically, keep the big picture in mind, figure things out and look up new knowledge, stay updated and be curious
- Be nice – be a team player and a good colleague, be honest, respect your colleagues, don’t take yourself too seriously and have fun!
- Be generous – share your knowledge and skills with other BIGsters and mentor others when you can
Diversity has been part of our DNA since BIG’s foundation. A multitude of cultures and backgrounds creates a new point of reference which leads to amazing insights. At BIG, we celebrate and support diversity because it makes our team, work and the built environment better. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and take affirmative action to employ equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.