This job is no longer accepting applications.
Lake|Flato Architects seeks a forward-thinking, energetic Urban Designer to join our award-winning, sustainable design practice in our offices in San Antonio and Austin, Texas.
We are looking for self-starting individuals who share our attitudes about creating great work in a collaborative environment. Our work seeks to balance the art and science of architecture and urban design. Applicants should show experience and interest in all aspects of the design process and look forward to being part of an enthusiastic team. We are accepting applications for a Urban Designer with experience in solving complex projects in connection with architecture, urban design, planning, and landscape architecture.
- Master’s degree in Urban Design with 1 – 5 years of work experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- Background or experience in planning / urban design / architecture
- IDP / AXP / AICP participation and LEED Accreditation
Requisite Skills for Consideration Include:
- Ability and interest to shift between urban design/ planning and architectural scale for design and documentation
- CAD drafting, modeling, and rendering, including Revit and SketchUp
- Digital graphic skills, including proficiency with software such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to sketch and draw by hand
- Experience in sustainable design at the building, district, and city scale
- Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary design team on multiple aspects of urban design and planning
- Working experience with a variety of client types including public agencies, developer, and institutional organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for client and multi-disciplinary sub-consultant team communications
- Ability and interest to work at various scales and tasks of urban design and architecture
- Strong understanding of place making, urban form, and building typologies
- Demonstrate a well-developed understanding of conceptual urban design documents and fundamental theories of urban design / planning, project design, and execution
- Engage in all aspects of the design process including analysis, conceptual ideas, design development and documentation of mid-large scale projects
- Communicate overall urban design concepts, objectives, and critical issues, applying their knowledge to tasks and assignments
- Develop research, design sketches, sections, plans, diagrams, renderings, physical models, and graphics for presentation materials
- Review design documents for compliance with approved program requirements of the client and respond to the technical implications of urban design decisions
- Be challenged and inspired to help create authentic places and environments
- Please send a digital copy of your resume and an expanded edition of your portfolio in .pdf or .jpg format by e-mail with the subject line “Urban Designer application” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our website at www.lakeflato.com for more information about our firm, our culture and our people. Upon receipt, we will review and contact you should your qualifications meet our staffing needs. No phone calls, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.