Design Professional - Architecture
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are a design firm of more than 1,400 architects, interior designers, urban designers, scientists, artists, anthropologists and more. We work together across industries and across the globe to create places that delight, heal and stimulate peak performance.
We nurture a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering elegant solutions. We also have a dedicated research team devoted to discovering processes and ideas that improve outcomes for everyone.
In everything we do, we're mindful of the fragility of all life and of the planet.
Our Richmond office is seeking a talented Design Professional to join the Architecture team.
An Architecture Design Professional supports project teams using a wide range of developing professional skills. Performs basic design and technical tasks requiring application of standard techniques and knowledge while working under general supervision. Eager to learn, highly organized and willing to contribute creatively to the team.
- Modifies or creates implementation documents, applying standard architectural techniques, collaborative design computations and procedures as assigned under direction
- Performs routine architectural assignments and may have some design responsibility collaborating with other team members as designated
- Assignments may include higher-level work for training/development purposes
- May attend on-site visits, field reviews and client and/or project meetings as appropriate
- May assist in preparing proposals, presentations, schedules and processing of implementation documentation and samples
- May participate in communication with other disciplines, vendors and contractors to incorporate information into project requirements
- Participates in team meetings to discuss project issues, design and technical issues and coordination with other disciplines
- Develops understanding of the firm’s basic accounting principles, project budgets and fees
- Understands the financial implications of overhead and chargeable time, including accountability to project plan and planned utilization rate
- Fosters awareness of the importance of growing and maintaining client relationships and the basic concept of business development
- May assist in production of marketing presentations
- Accredited professional degree in Architecture or related field
- On the path to Architectural Registration
- Typically with 0-3 years of experience
- Sustainable design accreditation preferred
- Knowledge of architectural software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks and 3D modeling preferred
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup and InDesign graphic software preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite preferred
- Knowledge of sustainability and integrated design guidelines
- Knowledge of building codes
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in writing
If you currently work for HKS, please submit your application via the Internal Careers Portal. HKS is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.