Interior Designer - Performance
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are a design firm of more than 1,400 architects, interior designers, urban designers, scientists, artists, anthropologists and more. We work together across industries and across the globe to create places that delight, heal and stimulate peak performance.
We nurture a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering elegant solutions. We also have a dedicated research team devoted to discovering processes and ideas that improve outcomes for everyone.
In everything we do, we're mindful of the fragility of all life and of the planet.
Our Salt Lake City office is seeking an experienced Interior Designer to join our team. This position would involve work across multiple practices; Arts & Entertainment, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, with a particular emphasis on Ecclesiastical projects.
Contributes and develops project and design solutions to advance respective projects while working independently with guidance. Eager to learn and innovate. Anticipates job expectations while performing design and technical tasks requiring application of standard techniques and knowledge.
- Effectively fulfills tasks to document and convey design requirements and design solutions to the broader design and construction team with general supervision
- Assists in and collaborates on designing and preparing implementation document sets (i.e., interior plans, fixture plans, elevations, details) for designated projects
- Works with project team to review work for design integrity, accuracy, clarity and quality
- Organizes files, materials and displays
- May complete site surveys, field verification and test fit plans
- Conducts research (i.e., conceptual, site, client, materials) for the project team
- Assists with the development of interiors concepts based on client vision, desire, project scope and architectural concept
- Participates in schematic design activities, including making adaptations and modifications and assisting other designers in specific aspects of overall design
- Utilizes creative thinking to achieve innovative solutions
- Assists in the coordination with consultants, furniture dealers, product reps and fabricators to meet overall project objectives
- Maintains furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) databases, specifications and performance metrics
- May assist with review of RFIs and submittals during the Construction Administration Phase
- May be responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors and contractors to incorporate all information into project requirements
- Participates in team meetings to discuss project and technical issues
- Recognizes the financial aspect of a project and basic accounting principles involved in ensuring the project’s and firm’s profitability
- Understands the importance of growing and maintaining client relationships and the basic concept of business development
- Assists in pursuit of new job opportunities either through relationship development or identifying additional work from existing clients
- Accredited professional degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field
- NCIDQ certification required
- Typically 5+ years of experience
- Sustainable design accreditation preferred
- Proficiency with Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and 3D modeling software
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite preferred
- Knowledge of sustainability and integrated design guidelines
- Knowledge of FF&E to carry out design intent
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in writing
If you currently work for HKS, please submit your application via the Internal Careers Portal. HKS is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.