Construction Administrator - Education
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are a design firm of more than 1,400 architects, interior designers, urban designers, scientists, artists, anthropologists and more. We work together across industries and across the globe to create places that delight, heal and stimulate peak performance.
We nurture a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering elegant solutions. We also have a dedicated research team devoted to discovering processes and ideas that improve outcomes for everyone.
In everything we do, we're mindful of the fragility of all life and of the planet.
HKS is looking for an experienced Construction Administrator to join the education team in our Dallas office!
Exercises independent judgment in evaluation, selection and use of standard techniques, and solves problems when encountered. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of architectural principles, practices and procedures to complete assignments with originality and ingenuity. Anticipates job expectations and contributes to solutions on small to mid-scale projects through construction administration.
- Employs standard protocol for communication with and between team members to include the owner, architect/engineer team and contractor staff
- Proactively applies knowledge of codes and all types of building systems (architectural, civil, structural, etc.) to projects
- Assists with reviewing and managing Requests for Information (RFI) and submittals
- Effectively communicates with designers to gain understanding of design intent
- Monitors owner and/or contractor directed changes for requests that fall outside of basic services agreement; notifies PM of any potential additional services
- Checks submittals (i.e., shop drawings and product data) to determine conformance with project contract documents, design intent as well as HKS standards, best practices and quality expectations
- Performs periodic site visits, observations and inspections and prepares field reports
- Evaluates cost-related aspects of the project and administer change orders, proposed changes, construction change directives, substitutions, time delays and payment applications in accordance with contract and project requirements
- Collaborates to build consensus among team members and achieve project goals by facilitating communication between Owner, Architect, Contractor and Consultants and by maintaining current knowledge of the Owner-Architect Agreement, Owner-Contractor Agreement, Architect-Consultant Agreement and any additional services agreements
- Participates in team meetings to discuss project issues, technical issues and coordination with other disciplines
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the project team
- Understands fundamental accounting principles and the project accounting process
- Collaborates in delivering a project on defined budget requirements
- Responsible for the financial implications of overhead and chargeable time, including accountability to project plan and planned utilization rate
- Supports the business development process by identifying new opportunities, marketing current clients for repeat business and assisting with proposals, budgets and schedules
- Accredited professional degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Engineering, Construction Science or related field preferred
- Architectural Registration preferred
- Typically 4+ years of experience
- Sustainable design accreditation preferred
- Experience with architectural software such as Revit, AutoCAD, 3D modeling software Newforma and PDF-editing software preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite preferred
- Knowledge of sustainability and integrated design guidelines
- Knowledge of the Owner-Architect Agreement, Owner-Contractor Agreement and Architect-Consultant Agreements
- Knowledge of architectural building systems, accessibility guidelines and QA/QC process
- Knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents
- Ability to communicate and present ideas in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in writing
If you currently work for HKS, please submit your application via the Internal Careers Portal. HKS is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.