Design Professional II - Architecture
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are a design firm of more than 1,400 architects, interior designers, urban designers, scientists, artists, anthropologists and more. We work together across industries and across the globe to create places that delight, heal and stimulate peak performance.
We nurture a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering elegant solutions. We also have a dedicated research team devoted to discovering processes and ideas that improve outcomes for everyone.
In everything we do, we're mindful of the fragility of all life and of the planet.
Our Orlando office is seeking an experienced Design Professional to join our Healthcare team.
Contributes and assists in developing project and design solutions to advance respective projects while working independently with guidance. Eager to learn and innovate. Anticipates job expectations while performing design and technical tasks requiring application of standard techniques and knowledge.
- Modifies or creates implementation documents, applying standard architectural techniques and procedures and according to written and verbal specifications with general supervision
- Collaborates on design and technical resolution and coordination for a defined portion of a project
- Assists in preparing client presentations and presents project design intent
- Performs product research; assists project designers with material selection and system research
- May support research of code and zoning requirements
- May attend on-site visits, field reviews and client and/or project meetings and documents these visits as appropriate
- Assists in preparing schedules and reviewing implementation documents and samples as needed
- Communicates with other disciplines, vendors and contractors to incorporate information into design, project requirements and documents as needed
- Provides guidance and direction to entry-level staff as appropriate
- Participates in team meetings to discuss project issues, design and technical issues and coordination with other disciplines
- Recognizes the financial aspect of a project and basic accounting principles involved in the project’s and firm’s profitability
- Understands the financial implications of overhead and chargeable time, including accountability to project plan and planned utilization rate
- Understands the importance of growing and maintaining client relationships and the basic concept of business development
- Assists in pursuit of new job opportunities either through relationship development or identifying additional work from existing clients
- Accredited professional degree in Architecture or related field
- Actively pursuing Architectural Registration
- Typically with 2-5 years of experience
- Sustainable design accreditation preferred
- Experience in architectural software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks and 3D modeling preferred
- Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup and InDesign graphic software preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite preferred
- Knowledge of sustainability and integrated design guidelines
- Knowledge of QA/QC process and building codes
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in writing
If you currently work for HKS, please submit your application via the Internal Careers Portal. HKS is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.