This job is no longer accepting applications.
SHoP Architects was founded twenty years ago to harness the power of diverse expertise in the design of buildings and environments that improve the quality of public life. Our inclusive, open-minded process allows us to effectively address a broad range of issues in our work: from novel programmatic concepts, to next-generation fabrication and delivery techniques, to beautifully crafted spaces that precisely suit their functions. Years ago we set out to prove that intelligent, evocative architecture can be made within real-world constraints. Today, our interdisciplinary staff of 180 is implementing that idea at critical sites around the world.
Working with teams of architects and designers, candidates must visualize the design intent through a combination of 3D and 2D composition techniques. The candidate will have a demonstrated enthusiasm for architectural visualization and be capable of producing both photo-real and stylized output from drawings, diagrams and models (both digital and physical). The ability to work both independently in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively with the visualization team and project teams is a must.
- Working closely with design teams and interpreting architectural designs as specified within project sketches, architectural drawings or models; realizing those designs as compelling imagery
- 2D image compositing, finishing and retouching operations on rendered frames
- Preparation and set up of scenes for distributed and/or network rendering, and submitting those scenes to our render farm management system
- Work as part of a team project
- Maintain high quality standards and meet tight deadlines
Skills + Qualification/
- Excellent understanding of color, composition and lighting in imagery
- Proficiency in modeling, rendering and animation with 3ds Max and VRay for 3ds Max
- Strong knowledge of editing and compositing with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Familiarity with After Effects and Unreal Engine is a plus
- Proficiency in freehand sketching, and or painting / photography. Demonstrate the ability to communicate ideas through hand sketching
- Completion of four-year undergraduate architectural or interior design degree program, five-year architectural or interior design degree program or a three-year graduate degree program
- 1-2 years of related experience preferred
- To apply, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with "YOUR NAME - Designer, Visualization - DV03162021SA" as the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.