Architectural Draftperson (Part-time)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in co-living, micro-unit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
About the Role
We are looking for a part-time architectural draftsperson (contractor position) reporting to our Senior Architectural Designer who will create leasing collateral to be used by Common’s Leasing, Implementation, and Visual Content teams. This is an entry-level position with an opportunity to grow into a full-time role within the Studio team. Additionally, the role will be fully remote and an hourly position.
- Liaising with architectural designers to acquire and assemble information and drawings needed to create leasing plans
- Coordinating with architecture, leasing and implementation teams to ensure correct project information is incorporated into the leasing plans
- Setting up project and drafting leasing plans in Revit
- Creating leasing plans in accordance with Common graphic standards and templates
- Ensure final leasing plans comply with as-built conditions
- BA/BS Degree in Architecture required
- Proven work experience as a drafter or similar role
- 2+ years in Revit and CAD software
- Minimum 1 year experience with Bluebeam and Photoshop
- Candidate must be a direct and proactive communicator who can be independent but ask questions when needed
- Candidate must be very organized and be able to multitask across a number of projects with various deadlines
- Candidate must demonstrate emotional intelligence
- Candidate must be a scrappy and resourceful problem solver
- Candidate must be a team player with a “can-do” attitude
What We Offer
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
This is an hourly and fully remote position. Please send your cover letter, work samples, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Architectural Draftsperson" as the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.