Designer (with ArchiCAD Expertise)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
A rare opportunity for raw talent, we are looking for a driven, growth-oriented Designer with ArchiCAD expertise to join our expanding team located just blocks from the Strand in Hermosa Beach.
WHO WE ARE
Laney LA is an emerging architecture practice, dedicated to creating meaningful work. As a studio, we believe in the power of the creative process to transform people’s lives and the potency of space to elevate the human experience into an art form for generations to come. Our work seeks to challenge the false dichotomies of design and practice, of luxury and economy, and of access and exclusion But when all is said and done, we seek to create work that matters and to leave a message that outlives us. A message that points to the spark of collaboration, the joy of discovery, the nostalgia of the timeless, and deep gratitude for community.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The core accountability of this role is to design architectural deliverables for our world class projects and provide close support to a project architect.
In other words, this position requires a thorough understanding and appreciation for the design and life of a project, as well as an ability and inclination to serve project managers, consultants, and clients with high quality, efficient deliverables.
This position is not for those interested in working in an isolated environment with a limited set of specialized skills. This position is for those who already have great talent and want to elevate their skills by collaborating with an rockstar team and contributing to the expansion of an office.
If you do not meet the requirements listed below, we ask that you spare us the application.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
As a Designer, an individual shall:
- Produce specific design deliverables
- Support project architects on multiple projects through all phases of design
- Visually communicate design through drawings, diagrams, and details with expertise and precision
- Assist with the production of technical drawings and deliverables
- Coordinate with vendors and consultants
- Delight clients through an efficient and highly visual process
- Design multiple iterations of tasteful and relevant options
We believe that a cultural fit is the highest priority. Therefore, we have outlined several items that define our studio culture.
Laney LA shares the following five core values.
- Designer’s Passion: We demonstrate creative energy in all ventures
- Servant’s Heart: We embrace the art of service
- Rookie’s Advantage: We pursue a steep learning curve.
- Detective’s Curiosity: We demonstrate active listening.
- Warrior’s Spirit: We overcome obstacles with bravery
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Architecture
- Strong sense of urgency for meeting weekly deadlines
- Deep working knowledge of ArchiCAD
- Fluent in 3D modeling and Adobe Suite
- 0-3 years of professional experience
- Ability to direct and produce photorealistic, high-quality renderings is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and self motivation
- Strong graphic communication skills
- Punctual and organized
- Competitive salary
- Health & dental benefits
- 401(k) benefits
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Sick leave
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job .Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A Los Angeles architecture studio pursuing spatial experiences with a strong sense of meaning