This job is no longer accepting applications.
Michael Hsu Office of Architecture, an award-winning firm, including 2016 AIA Austin Firm of the Year, is seeking a Landscape Designer for our Austin or Houston office. The ideal candidate would have interest in a variety of projects and scales
Our work includes residential, commercial, mixed use, creative office, retail, hotel/hospitality and interiors. For strong, self-starting professionals, we offer an engaging, open studio environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, as well as aggressive compensation, generous benefits, and steady profit sharing.
Based in Austin, MHOA is interested in a wide variety of work ranging from city master planning to innovative artisan and materials resourcing. Significant work includes Plaza Saltillo, Heights Mercantile, Uchi, Loro, Local Foods, South Congress Hotel and The LINE hotel. The firm has projects all over the US, including New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Denver, Dallas, Seattle and San Antonio.
- 5-8+ years of experience in landscape design
- Strong design sensibilities
- Knowledge of architectural practice, including design, detailing and materiality
- Strong knowledge of plant material
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit/BIM Production, Excel
- Positive attitude and willingness to work within a team
- Demonstrate technical proficiency and creative problem solving
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Preferred experience in residential and hospitality design
Responsibilities to include:
- Work closely with architectural and interior teams to design exterior spaces and public realm spaces on a variety of project types and scales
- Plant selection
- Assistance with exterior site planning
- Selection of exterior furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Highly motivated self-starter
Further project information can be found at hsuoffice.com
Please submit your resume and full portfolio in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.