Senior Project Architect
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Michael Hsu Office of Architecture, an award-winning firm, including 2016 AIA Austin Firm of the Year, is seeking a new Project Architect/ Senior Project Architect staff member. This position will be located in Dallas, able to support our projects in the DFW region in addition to remotely serving our national portfolio. The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in a wide range of projects including a background in hospitality work and experience with construction administration.
MHOA’s projects include residential, commercial, creative office, retail, hotel/hospitality and interiors. For strong, self-starting professionals, we offer an engaging, open studio environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, as well as competitive compensation, generous benefits and steady profit sharing.
With studios in Austin and Houston, MHOA is interested in a wide variety of work ranging from city master planning to innovative artisan and materials resourcing. Some of our notable projects and clients include: the LINE Austin Hotel, South Congress Hotel, Uchi, Birdcall, Snooze, McWhinney, Skanska, Hattie B’s, Ford Fry, Mendocino Farms, and many more. We work throughout Texas and across the country in cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Denver.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Registered architect strongly preferred
- Strong design skills
- 5+ years of experience in design & construction documents
- Knowledge of architectural practice, including design, documentation, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction technologies
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit/BIM Production, Excel
- Positive attitude and willingness to work within a team
- Demonstrate technical proficiency and creative problem solving
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Experience with client-facing communication
- Experience with complex construction administration
Responsibilities to include:
- Design of projects on a variety of scales
- Coordinate and oversee project teams including multiple consultants
- Preparation of construction documents, specifications and oversight of construction administration
- Technical leadership in a variety of projects types, hospitality experience a plus
- Translation of design concepts into construction documents for both interior and exterior systems
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Mentoring and coaching of junior staff
- Quality control and document review
- Ability to multi-task & work on multiple projects concurrently
- Consultant coordination
Further project information can be found at hsuoffice.com
Please submit your resume and full portfolio in pdf format to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.