This job is no longer accepting applications.
Olson Kundig is a Seattle-based design practice founded on the idea that buildings can serve as a bridge between nature, culture, and people, and that inspiring surroundings have a positive effect on people’s lives. Led by five owners, the firm’s work can be found across the globe, with projects as wide-ranging as huts to high rises, homes—often for art collectors—to academic, hospitality, cultural, and civic projects, museums and exhibition design, places of worship, creative production, urban design, and interior design
Currently, we are seeking an Architectural Technologist with experience and demonstrated proficiency in delivering projects through collaborations with select consultants and fabricators to achieve material, cost, and schedule efficiencies through a digital design-focused workflow.
- Minimum 8+ years of post-bachelors degree Architecture firm experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or another related field.
- Possess an innovative style and an interest in sustainable building performance and research and development.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, and Rhino.
- Experience with prefabricated design or construction at either building or component-level scales.
- Experience coordinating digital design models with consultants, vendors, and fabricators utilizing CNC tools.
- Strong graphic skills and ability to perform limited design layouts and code analyses.
- Document project specifications and create reports, plans, estimates, and calculations.
- Experience with construction administration.
- Technically strong enough to guide junior resources on the team.
- Ability to be a liaison with the PM and other architects on the team.
Personal Attributes –
- Highly collaborative by nature, with the willingness to approach every project with creativity.
- An innate desire to produce meaningful work with strong design skills.
- Detail and task-oriented with a passion for excellence.
- Pro-active and dynamic in their skills and leadership.
Nice to have –
- Experience with parametric design and visual programming tools such as Dynamo and Grasshopper.
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DfMA) and CAD/CAM workflows.
- Experience working on high-end residential or hospitality projects utilizing prefabricated unit typologies.
- Experience with project management tools such as Deltek and Smartsheet.
What can you expect from us?
- A creative work environment and colleagues who are collaborative, creative, and challenging
- Opportunity to grow professionally with excellent projects
- Check our culture page to learn about life at Olson Kundig
In addition to a dynamic and creative culture, Olson Kundig provides a generous benefits package that includes 16 days of paid time off, paid holidays, health plan, 401k match, bonuses, profit-sharing plans for qualified positions, a monthly travel subsidy for public transportation, and more.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship and must already possess long-term work authorization.
Your application has been successfully submitted.