This job is no longer accepting applications.
Taylor Architecture Group (TAG) is a Northern-based architecture and engineering firm with a focus on community design work, especially for First Nation and Inuit communities, throughout the Far North.
We have an immediate opening for a Project Architect in Whitehorse, Yukon.
TAG’s head office is located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Most of our senior personnel are based in Yellowknife and coordinate remotely with project teams in our satellite offices (Whitehorse and Ottawa). In total, we are a team of about 25, including architects, engineers, interior designers, and support staff. We are seeking an experienced architect to join our office in Whitehorse and provide support to 2-4 junior personnel in that location.
Taylor Architecture Group operates as a cohesive team. We focus on creating positive working relationships & mentorship opportunities, and maintaining open lines of communication – while developing design work through an iterative, integrated, and process-driven practice. The successful candidate will join an established network of designers and will contribute management/mentorship skills to support the success of ongoing projects. Ideally, this person will be enthusiastic about teamwork and will foster positive relations with client groups, while being technically proficient in their field.
Project work ranges through large-scale civic, educational, and institutional facilities, as well as smaller-scale commercial or residential projects. TAG’s Yukon projects are located in Whitehorse and in several small, remote communities; short-term travel will be a requirement of the position.
- Act as Project Architect for a variety of involvements in Yukon communities
- Lead and assist with production of architectural construction drawings including site plans, plans, elevations, sections and details
- Coordinate other disciplines including interior designers, engineers, contractors and other consultants
- Work in a supportive manner to develop the capacity of junior staff
- Undertake project research including cultural, site, and material investigations
- Work will include occasional travel to remote communities in the arctic and sub-arctic; candidate should be comfortable with travel in small airplanes
Credentials and Skills:
- Licensed Architect with a provincial or territorial association in Canada
- Experienced with construction documentation, contract administration, and project management for design and construction involvements
- Strong interpersonal and management skills; enthusiasm for a team-based process
- Strong communication skills; fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent knowledge of national building codes and standards
- Knowledge and comfort with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office programs are required
- Familiarity and experience with Revit and Sketchup are an asset
Length of Contract:
This is a full time (37.5 hr/week), permanent position located in Whitehorse, Yukon.
A moving expense stipend will be provided by TAG. Temporary housing is available upon arrival in Whitehorse until the candidate secures permanent housing.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary and full benefits package available.
Yukon may require a self-isolation period upon arrival for anyone who is relocating here from outside the territory. If necessary, this will be completed with a remote work setup during the candidate’s isolation period. Please identify with your application if you would be relocating from outside of the Yukon.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.