This job is no longer accepting applications.
MAKE Architects (https://ma-ke-arch.com/) seeks a self-directed and collaborative Senior Architect with 8 to 12 years experience in programming, planning, design, and technical development of projects. This position serves as a part of the firm’s executive team, and plays a significant role in the direction and management of the firm. Knowledge of BIM workflow and experience with Archicad are preferred. They must have the ability to manage multiple projects, juggle various tasks and work effectively and independently with clients. This position has responsibility for directing consultants, contractors, and internal team production.
- Handle technical and production aspects of projects
- Check for code compliance, coordinate with consultants/contractors and develop construction details
- Understand design intent and goals for successful implementation
- Understand construction administration phase of the projects
- Assists Principal with networking and proposals, including input on fee estimating, scope of work and project scheduling
- Coordinates with Office Manager on project status updates
- Provides technical guidance to project staff and possesses full knowledge of best practice standards and expectations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- 8 years of experience
- Strong technical skills
- Experience with BIM workflow and Archicad preferred
- Passive House Certified Professional a plus
Desirable Qualities and Intangibles
- Interest in the business aspects of running a design firm
- Entrepreneurial abilities and proven business acumen
- Ability to quickly gain the trust of internal and external players and develop projects
- Maintains a collaborative, but focused approach to work
- Possess leadership strengths and motivates others
Located in the Upper Connecticut River Valley of Vermont and New Hampshire, MAKE Architects offers the ideal setting for anyone interested in dynamic communities, a full range of outdoor, year-round recreation, and a high quality of life.
Outside Magazine describes Hanover as “an affluent, intellectual town of gifted college kids, tweedy professors, overworked med students, and young families. The Appalachian Trail runs right through the middle of town, and on the west end, the wide and lazy Connecticut River is perfect for kayakers, rowers, and swimmers.”
MAKE Architects works toward the enhancement of communities through our mix of residential, commercial, and institutional projects. We are an established, energetic and profitable design firm providing career growth opportunities. The firm offers competitive salaries and an engaging and enjoyable culture. Interested candidates should contact Chelsea Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org and identify your response as MAKE Architects Senior Architect Position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Sustainability is our passion!